Friday, October 22, 2010

Prayers of an Excellent Wife


Andrew Case authored a wonderful book, "Prayers of an Excellent Wife"  to practically lead wives in prayer for their husbands.  I have really enjoyed praying with it.



Here is one of the prayers from the book.

Father of Wisdom,
Let me never cease to pray for my husband, asking
that he may be filled with the knowledge of Your
will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk
in a manner worthy of You, bearing fruit in every good work
and increasing in the knowledge of You. May he be strengthened
with all power, according to Your glorious might, for all
endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to You, who
have qualified him to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
Do you remember, my beloved, that He has delivered you
from the domain of darkness and transferred you to the
kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom you have redemption,
the forgiveness of sin? Yes, praise Him with me for His
marvelous grace!
O LORD God, make him continue in the faith, stable and
steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that he
heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under
heaven. Keep him! Keep him! Keep him in the love of Christ.
Amen (Colossians 1).

1 comment:

  1. I'm not married yet, but I'll have to put that book on my list for future use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete