Monday, November 22, 2010

Interwebs Roundup

Hey friends. Here are a few links from around the internet that are worth the time to watch or read.

The Dangling Wires of Our Generation - I have enormous respect for John Piper. His heart for the glory of God in all things has helped transform how I read Scripture and live life in multifaceted ways. I've especially loved watching some of my friends get a better grasp on the grandeur of God by Piper pointing them to Scripture to see God's majesty. This clip is a challenging piece that requires some reflection I think.

Where Our Hope Lies - This is in some ways a response to the above link, calling for a discerning look at how we think about the Christianity and the arts (TV in particular).

The Church in North Korea - One of my favorite professors was able to go to the Lausanne Movement conference held in South Africa last month. She shared a week or two ago about a powerful testimony that an 18 year-old girl from North Korea gave. The video is finally up, and I highly encourage you to watch it. We cannot forget our brothers and sisters who are in chains across the globe, and we need to lift our sister up as she shares the love of Christ with her native people.

National Geographic Winners - These are great photos from the annual National Geographic photography contest.

Street Trials Biking - One more fun link for the road. I'd never heard of this type of biking, but it looks awesome! This guy has to have the best balance ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment