Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall Reading List

Last week I took my National Board Dental Exam Part II, so I am now refilling all the time I was spending studying.  Of course a lot of that time is spent with my wonderful husband.  The other time I am using to try and work out more often and start my fall reading list.  Here it is:
1. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova ( I have started this one before but life happened and I never finished it.  I was really enjoying it so I have picked it back up.  The story has a neat twist between history, folklore, and fiction.)
2. Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (This one is actually waiting for me a the library.  Pretty excited to read it.  I heard it is what you should read if you miss Harry Potter. haha)
3. Power in the Pulpit - Jerry Vines and Jim Shaddix and The Supremacy of God in Preaching - John Piper (These two are the reading assignments for the IDM class Ryan and I are taking at Brook Hills with our pastor, David Platt. Should be challenging but a really good way to help me learn best how to teach the bible to my college girls small group.)
4. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (I know I am behind since the movie is already out and it seems everyone has already read this book, but my mom lent it to me and I have heard it really is great.)


1 comment:

  1. The Help is on my book list to read after boards too! So ready to done studying!

    ReplyDelete