Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a celebration of small group

Yesterday, I headed to Auburn for a quick trip to speak with pre-health students about my experiences as a biomedical science major at Auburn and as a dental student at UAB. I got to drive down with one of my best friends from dental school which was so much fun and the meeting went great. I always enjoy telling people about how much I love what I do. All of that said, there was one thing that I missed because I was in Auburn on a Tuesday night, small group.
Ryan and I have been a part of a small group of married couples for several months now and we honestly look forward for Tuesday evenings every week. Our time with our small group is so precious to us. It is a time where we eat together, spend time together, discuss the Word, and pray together. Every week I am so ready to see my new friends and hear about what is going on in their lives. My prayer for our small group is that we would be glorifying to God every week when we meet. I pray that we will be true to God's word as we uplift one another to go out and make disciples of Christ.
If you are not in a small group or Sunday school class of some kind, I would encourage you to take a chance and join a group. I think you will be surprised how much you learn about the Lord when you are sharing your life with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment