Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Laura's Summer goals

Ryan formulated his goals a couple weeks ago, so I figured now it is my turn.
1. Continue following the radical experiment: http://www.radicalexperiment.org/
a. reading the word everyday
b. praying for the entire world (I want to become more consistent and intentionally with this)
c. commit our lives to a multiplying community (you know i love my small group)
d. sacrifice our money for a specific purpose (limiting eating out, movies, so on)
e. give our time in another context (Peru June 17-26)
2. Read at least 2 novels and 3 Christian non-fiction works. Most likely reading list includes "Peace like a River" by Leif Enger, "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson, "When Helping Hurts" by Brian Fikker, and "Serving with Eyes Wide Open" by David Livermore (which i hope to read before our trip to Peru).
3. No soft drinks (stole this one from Ryan.. really good idea. I have done it once before and you really don't miss them!)
4. Do P90X 5 times a week.
5. Hang out with a couples dentists in private practice when I have free day.
6. Go spend time with my Grandmother and sister in Hattiesburg, MS.
7. Go visit my dad while he is working in Palm Beach, FL and hang out with my mom.
8. Spend more time outside! (school keeps me trapped in doors all the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment