Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Water of the Word

I highly encourage any man who has a deep passion for his wife and desires to pray for her in a more consistent and biblical way to pick up Water of the Word by Andrew Case. It is a book filled with prayers that are based on Scripture that you can pray for you wife. They are both biblically solid and beautifully written. Here is one that I just read:

O Lord,
Grant my wife help against the foe, for vain is the salvation of man! With You she shall do valiantly. O God my Lord, deal on her behalf for Your Name's sake; because Your steadfast love is good, deliver her! With her mouth let her give great thanks to You, praising You in the midst of sorrow. For You stand at the right hand of the needy, to save her from those who condemn her soul to death.
Praise be to You, Lord! I will give thanks to You with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation. Great are Your works, studied by all who delight in them. Therefore help me to study my wife diligently, for she is Your wonderful handiwork. Her beauty exalts You and proves true Your word, for she is full of splendor and majesty.
Show her the power of Your works - that they are faithful and just; all Your precepts are trustworthy; they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.
O beloved, fear the Lord, for it is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice this fear have a good understanding. His praise endures forever! (Psalm 108, 109, 111).

No comments:

Post a Comment