Sunday, April 18, 2010

Summer Goals

Most people make New Year's Resolutions, looking forward to a blank slate in which they can essentially start over. I for one am actually a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I've heard all the arguments against them, from arguing that they encourage poor behavior in the days and weeks leading up to New Years, to arguing that they are almost never actually carried out, to an argument that they are unbiblical (though that was a big stretch!). For us in school, New Years does not really seem like the new year. Sure you move on to new classes and all, but it's not the big shift that some see it as. Ah, but summer, that glorious time when the weather gets sweltering hot, grilling out becomes more than an occasional celebration, and school is out, that is the beginning of my new year! So, I give you my Summer Resolutions for 2010:
1. Continue spending time daily in Bible reading and prayer.
2. Do an in-depth study of one New Testament book and one Old Testament book.
3. Work out at least three times a week (preferably five).
4. No softdrinks
5. Find all the information I need to become licensed to teach Bible and math.
6. Read all of the ACSI required books for their philosophy of education requirement (found here).
7. Read at least a chapter a day in a book (as you can see, I love and value reading).
8. Serve in Fairfield at Restoration Academy however I can.
9. Spend as much time with Laura as possible, especially during her break from school.

Well, that is all that I have for now. I'm sure I will add to and amend those as we draw closer, but that looks like a healthy start.

Blessings,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment