Saturday, August 21, 2010

This Week's Answers: Dream Job



In 1993 I was eight years old, and there were few things that I loved more than Auburn football. If you've seen pictures of me, you would probably argue that I liked triple cheeseburgers more than football, but I digress. Anyway, Auburn was on probation that year, so there was a TV ban and we couldn't watch any of the football games. I remember listening to Jim Fyffe call the games all year long. He was a fantastic radio broadcaster, adding color, knowledge of the game, and life to the games he called. The above clip is taken from the Alabama game and is one of Fyffe's more famous calls, as he screams "Eleven and O!" over and over again. Auburn went undefeated that season, and it was a blast to listen throughout the year.

I would love to be a play-by-play college football announcer. What a fun job! Hanging out with coaches and players would be fun, but taking something that you are seeing and describing it a way that can captivate audiences is a skill that is a rare find. So if I could do it well, that would be the dream job.

No comments:

Post a Comment