Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Web Roundup

I have yet to use one, but if this is as good as it sounds I have a feeling I will love it!

Image from Sharpie Blog

The Mindset List
Beloit College puts together a list every year about the mindset of new college freshman.  Pretty interesting.  Some of my favorites:
   1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
   12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
   26. Unless they found one in their grandparents' closet, they have never seen a carousel of Kodachrome slides.
   32. Czechoslovakia has never existed.

Lost for free on Hulu
Being a Lost fan, if someone asks me about it I always encourage them to check out the first season and see if they like it.  (WARNING: You are almost always inevitably hooked within a couple episodes and will most likely proceed to watch the entire series.)  But if you are curious, now is your time.  Seasons 1-5 are free on Hulu for the rest of 2010.

Image from Hulu

Stuff Christians Like
Even though this site is already linked on our blog I had to draw attention to it at least once.  I absolutely love this blog.  The author, Jon Acuff, had the idea to talk about hilarious (but true) things that we do as Christians.  One of my personal favorite posts: Christian Bumper Stickers.  Check out the blog and his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment