Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's My Favorite Things


Here are a couple things I am calling my favorite today:
  1. Amazon.com: Amazon is awesome for several reasons.  First they have everything, second most things are cheaper than retail, and thirdly they are now offering a free year of Amazon Prime (free 2 days shipping on any order, anywhere) for students.
  2. John Steinbeck:  I am reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden, and it is so good.  He is a wonderful author, just ask my husband, he currently reading all of Steinbeck's works.
  3. My new computer battery: I know, ridiculous, but when you have been dealing with a computer that dies within 2 minutes of being unplugged, a new battery is a big deal!
  4. Scrubs:  A couple of years ago the dental school voted to go to mandatory scrubs instead of professional attire.  Therefore I wear "Misty Green" scrubs everyday.  I complain about my scrubs sometimes, (they are hot in summer and cold in winter, they are boring, and they are seriously not cute) but today they are one of my favorite things because not having to pick out a professional outfit for school everyday is wonderful.  Plus, dentistry is messy and I would rather mess up scrubs than professional attire!
  5. My classmates:  I just started my third year of dental school yesterday, and I am remembering how overwhelming and crazy it can be.  One of the things that makes it all better are my wonderful friends in my class, school is a little bit easier with them by my side!

1 comment: