Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where Would You Go? : Laura's answer



Thanks to my parents I have been able to see a lot of the United States and it is filled with so many amazing places.  The one thing however that Europe has that the US can't quite match is the history, meaning there is stuff older than 200 years old!  My only trip to Europe to date was about 5 years ago to Spain and ever since then I have been dreaming of visiting Italy, specifically Rome.

Rome has been in existence for 2 and a half thousand years.  It is a city filled with archeology, art, and architecture.  It is full of must-sees like Vatican City, St. Peter Basilica, Trevi Fountain, and the Coliseum plus dozens other museums and parks.  Of course Rome is not the only thing driving me to visit Italy, there is also Verona (the city of Romeo and Juliet), Florence (and surrounding Tuscany), Naples (and the beautiful coast), and of course Venice (The City of Canals). Sounds likes like I need a month to see it all!

2 comments:

  1. I have been to Rome but I would definitely go back - it was amazing. I think I would want to go to Venice if I could go anywhere - and maybe China too. (Random pair I know, I love to travel!) -Rebecca

    P.S. I love you guys' blog - you guys are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to most of those places in Italy and you are soo right! they are all awesome. I would love to go back sometime and take steven!! He has never been.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete